2016 Holden Cup

All the news on the Canberra Raiders lower grades, affiliate clubs and the Canberra Raiders Cup

Moderator: GH Moderators

ALX22
Peter Jackson
Posts: 251
Joined: January 21, 2016, 11:55 am
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by ALX22 » April 30, 2016, 6:48 pm

Logan Spaander ex Broncos. Was a decorated junior rep for QLD in the lower grades, but had seemingly fallen down the pecking order at the Broncos. Wish him well.

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 11843
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by bonehead » April 30, 2016, 10:01 pm

ALX22 wrote:Logan Spaander ex Broncos. Was a decorated junior rep for QLD in the lower grades, but had seemingly fallen down the pecking order at the Broncos. Wish him well.

Did he play today? Tv was on but wasn't really watching
Edrick The Entertainer

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 114718
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

2016 Holden Cup

Post by greeneyed » April 30, 2016, 10:56 pm

Yes he did. Not much impact. That said, he only trained once with the side.
Image

ALX22
Peter Jackson
Posts: 251
Joined: January 21, 2016, 11:55 am
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by ALX22 » May 1, 2016, 6:09 pm

He should be better for the run. Think his confidence needs time to heal due to his mistreatment by the Broncos. Not the first to be shipped off from there U20's outfit.

ALX22
Peter Jackson
Posts: 251
Joined: January 21, 2016, 11:55 am
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by ALX22 » May 1, 2016, 6:37 pm

Well done to Lachlan Croker on his selection in the Junior Kangaroos side.

http://www.nrl.com/junior-kangaroos-tea ... fault.aspx

ALX22
Peter Jackson
Posts: 251
Joined: January 21, 2016, 11:55 am
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by ALX22 » May 30, 2016, 5:58 pm

Tumut teenager Zac Masters signed by Canberra Raiders

WITH one door closed on the path to an NRL career, another has burst open for Tumut young gun Zac Masters.

A month short of his 19th birthday, Masters has been headhunted by the Canberra Raiders for the remainder of the Holden Cup season.

Canberra under-20 coach Brett White called Masters a month ago and “invited” the highly talented back rower to considering joining the Raiders.

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_pag ... D=44295364

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 11843
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by bonehead » May 31, 2016, 6:37 pm

Welcome and good luck Zac
Edrick The Entertainer

ALX22
Peter Jackson
Posts: 251
Joined: January 21, 2016, 11:55 am
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by ALX22 » June 25, 2016, 6:08 pm

Welcome to the club Kye Madden. Mid-season switch from St George Dragons.

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 114718
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by greeneyed » June 25, 2016, 6:39 pm

ALX22 wrote:Welcome to the club Kye Madden. Mid-season switch from St George Dragons.


He played for the Bulls today. Scored a try.
Image

ALX22
Peter Jackson
Posts: 251
Joined: January 21, 2016, 11:55 am
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by ALX22 » July 4, 2016, 6:19 pm

Congrats to William Samuel, named as 18th Man for QLD U20's. May even be a late change to the side. Wishing him and the team a successful week in camp.

Queensland Under 20s team

The following players have been selected to represent the Queensland Under 20s against New South Wales at ANZ Stadium July 13.

1. Gideon Gela-Mosby North Queensland Cowboys
2. Bernard Lewis Sydney Roosters
3. Will Brimson Brisbane Broncos
4. Gehamat Shibasaki Brisbane Broncos
5. Marcus Jensen North Queensland Cowboys
6. Brodie Croft Melbourne Storm / Easts Tigers
7. Cooper Bambling North Queensland Cowboys
8. George Fai Brisbane Broncos / Souths Logan
9. Jake Turpin Melbourne Storm / Sunshine Coast
10. Darryn Schonig North Queensland Cowboys
11. Jack Morris Parramatta Eels
12. Jaydn Su’A Brisbane Broncos
13. Lachlan Timm Melbourne Storm

14. Lachlan Lewis Canterbury Bulldogs
15. Josh Kerr Melbourne Storm
16. Charlie Galo Melbourne Storm
17. Darcy Maroske Canterbury Bulldogs
18. William Samuel Canberra Raiders

Coach: Kurt Wrigley Souths Sydney Rabbitohs

Read more: http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2016/07/04/q ... r_20s.html

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 11843
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by bonehead » July 4, 2016, 7:58 pm

ALX22 wrote:Congrats to William Samuel, named as 18th Man for QLD U20's. May even be a late change to the side. Wishing him and the team a successful week in camp.

Queensland Under 20s team

The following players have been selected to represent the Queensland Under 20s against New South Wales at ANZ Stadium July 13.

1. Gideon Gela-Mosby North Queensland Cowboys
2. Bernard Lewis Sydney Roosters
3. Will Brimson Brisbane Broncos
4. Gehamat Shibasaki Brisbane Broncos
5. Marcus Jensen North Queensland Cowboys
6. Brodie Croft Melbourne Storm / Easts Tigers
7. Cooper Bambling North Queensland Cowboys
8. George Fai Brisbane Broncos / Souths Logan
9. Jake Turpin Melbourne Storm / Sunshine Coast
10. Darryn Schonig North Queensland Cowboys
11. Jack Morris Parramatta Eels
12. Jaydn Su’A Brisbane Broncos
13. Lachlan Timm Melbourne Storm

14. Lachlan Lewis Canterbury Bulldogs
15. Josh Kerr Melbourne Storm
16. Charlie Galo Melbourne Storm
17. Darcy Maroske Canterbury Bulldogs
18. William Samuel Canberra Raiders

Coach: Kurt Wrigley Souths Sydney Rabbitohs

Read more: http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2016/07/04/q ... r_20s.html

Gone are the days eh, Cotric and Guler in NSW?
Edrick The Entertainer

ALX22
Peter Jackson
Posts: 251
Joined: January 21, 2016, 11:55 am
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by ALX22 » July 5, 2016, 8:47 am

bonehead wrote:
ALX22 wrote:Congrats to William Samuel, named as 18th Man for QLD U20's. May even be a late change to the side. Wishing him and the team a successful week in camp.

Queensland Under 20s team

The following players have been selected to represent the Queensland Under 20s against New South Wales at ANZ Stadium July 13.

1. Gideon Gela-Mosby North Queensland Cowboys
2. Bernard Lewis Sydney Roosters
3. Will Brimson Brisbane Broncos
4. Gehamat Shibasaki Brisbane Broncos
5. Marcus Jensen North Queensland Cowboys
6. Brodie Croft Melbourne Storm / Easts Tigers
7. Cooper Bambling North Queensland Cowboys
8. George Fai Brisbane Broncos / Souths Logan
9. Jake Turpin Melbourne Storm / Sunshine Coast
10. Darryn Schonig North Queensland Cowboys
11. Jack Morris Parramatta Eels
12. Jaydn Su’A Brisbane Broncos
13. Lachlan Timm Melbourne Storm

14. Lachlan Lewis Canterbury Bulldogs
15. Josh Kerr Melbourne Storm
16. Charlie Galo Melbourne Storm
17. Darcy Maroske Canterbury Bulldogs
18. William Samuel Canberra Raiders

Coach: Kurt Wrigley Souths Sydney Rabbitohs

Read more: http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2016/07/04/q ... r_20s.html

Gone are the days eh, Cotric and Guler in NSW?


Both Cotric & Guler were NSW U18. NSW U20 team yet to be named. Look for Croker to be named. Not sure if any other Raiders will be considered.

User avatar
Manchild
Jason Croker
Posts: 4703
Joined: September 28, 2011, 11:29 am
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom
Location: Darwin, NT

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by Manchild » July 5, 2016, 9:03 am

ALX22 wrote:
bonehead wrote:
ALX22 wrote:Congrats to William Samuel, named as 18th Man for QLD U20's. May even be a late change to the side. Wishing him and the team a successful week in camp.

Queensland Under 20s team

The following players have been selected to represent the Queensland Under 20s against New South Wales at ANZ Stadium July 13.

1. Gideon Gela-Mosby North Queensland Cowboys
2. Bernard Lewis Sydney Roosters
3. Will Brimson Brisbane Broncos
4. Gehamat Shibasaki Brisbane Broncos
5. Marcus Jensen North Queensland Cowboys
6. Brodie Croft Melbourne Storm / Easts Tigers
7. Cooper Bambling North Queensland Cowboys
8. George Fai Brisbane Broncos / Souths Logan
9. Jake Turpin Melbourne Storm / Sunshine Coast
10. Darryn Schonig North Queensland Cowboys
11. Jack Morris Parramatta Eels
12. Jaydn Su’A Brisbane Broncos
13. Lachlan Timm Melbourne Storm

14. Lachlan Lewis Canterbury Bulldogs
15. Josh Kerr Melbourne Storm
16. Charlie Galo Melbourne Storm
17. Darcy Maroske Canterbury Bulldogs
18. William Samuel Canberra Raiders

Coach: Kurt Wrigley Souths Sydney Rabbitohs

Read more: http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2016/07/04/q ... r_20s.html

Gone are the days eh, Cotric and Guler in NSW?


Both Cotric & Guler were NSW U18. NSW U20 team yet to be named. Look for Croker to be named. Not sure if any other Raiders will be considered.


I wouldn't mind seeing Jack Williams get a run for NSW.

EDIT: Just saw that he is 20 already.

User avatar
edwahu
Laurie Daley
Posts: 14252
Joined: January 13, 2005, 5:22 pm

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by edwahu » July 5, 2016, 11:52 am

I think anyone playing under 20s is still eligible. So Williams could still get a run.

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 114718
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by greeneyed » July 5, 2016, 12:11 pm

That's right.
Image

ALX22
Peter Jackson
Posts: 251
Joined: January 21, 2016, 11:55 am
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by ALX22 » July 7, 2016, 12:58 pm

Well done to Lachlan Croker and Zac Woolford on their selections in the NSW U20 team.

NSW Under-20s Team Announcement

NSW under-20s coach, Dean Pay, has announced his side to take on the Queensland under-20s next Wednesday at ANZ Stadium.

1. Matt Dufty - St George Illawarra Dragons
2. Brian Kelly - Gold Coast Titans
3. Cory Denniss - Newcastle Knights
4. Curtis Scott - Melbourne Storm
5. Reuben Garrick - St George Illawarra Dragons
6. Lachlan Croker - Canberra Raiders
7. Jack Cogger - Newcastle Knights
8. Oliver Clarke - Penrith Panthers
9. Grant Garvey - Sydney Roosters
10. Alex Twal - Parramatta Eels
11. Tyrell Fuimaono - Parramatta Eels
12. Bayley Sironen - Wests Tigers
13. Nat Butcher - Sydney Roosters

14. Zac Woolford - Canberra Raiders
15. Taniela Paseka - Wests Tigers
16. Max Elliott - Brisbane Broncos
17. Tevita Cottrell - South Sydney Rabbitohs
18. Jed Cartwright - Gold Coast Titans

Read more: http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2016/07/07 ... eam_a.html

User avatar
edwahu
Laurie Daley
Posts: 14252
Joined: January 13, 2005, 5:22 pm

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by edwahu » July 7, 2016, 3:01 pm

Oh missed it in this thread. Well done to both.

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 11843
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by bonehead » July 8, 2016, 6:34 am

Taniela Paseka, weapon, wears a pair of boydy's excess size 16 boots.
Edrick The Entertainer

ALX22
Peter Jackson
Posts: 251
Joined: January 21, 2016, 11:55 am
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by ALX22 » July 17, 2016, 7:19 pm

Jordan Aiono released to Tweed Heads colts.

ALX22
Peter Jackson
Posts: 251
Joined: January 21, 2016, 11:55 am
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by ALX22 » August 4, 2016, 10:28 pm

Jack Williams profiled in this weeks Big League.

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 11843
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by bonehead » August 4, 2016, 10:56 pm

ALX22 wrote:Jack Williams profiled in this weeks Big League.

Interesting prospect
Edrick The Entertainer

ALX22
Peter Jackson
Posts: 251
Joined: January 21, 2016, 11:55 am
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by ALX22 » September 10, 2016, 9:28 pm

Canberra Raiders Team Review
Ladder Position: 8th
NRL: Lachlan Croker
Rep Players: Lachlan Croker (Junior Kangaroos/NSW U20), Zac Woolford (NSW U20), William Samuel (QLD U20), Nick Cotric (NSW U18/ACT U18/AUS Schoolboys), Emre Guler (NSW U18), Dan Keir (ACT U18/AUS Schoolboys), Sebastian Kris (ACT U18)

Players
'96

Zac Woolford, Jack Williams, Robert Vai, Jayden Thomas, Adam Lucas, Jack Hickson, Thomas Cronan, Daniel Dole, Lachlan Croker, Chevi Ellis (NZ), Zeik Foster, Connor Cheeseman

'97
Tre Williams, Stanley Takulua, Jarred Tuite (Q), Harry Van Dartel, Fabien Paletua-Kiri (NZ), William Samuel (Q), Logan Spaander (Q?), Kody Parsons, Jack Murchie, Jesse Martin, Zac Masters, Ron Leapai, Kye Madden, Kalani Going (NZ), Bailey Hartwig, Sione Afemui (NZ), Taumutu Afemui-Nohotima (NZ), Connor Brebner

'98
Nick Cotric, Andre Niko, Emre Guler, Dan Keir

'99
Sebastian Kris
Last edited by ALX22 on September 23, 2016, 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bay53
Jason Croker
Posts: 4909
Joined: March 11, 2007, 9:35 pm

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by Bay53 » September 10, 2016, 11:58 pm

Gee next year looks promising, not losing a lot there. Woolford and Williams the obvious ones.

1998 births look good.

User avatar
zim
Jason Croker
Posts: 4731
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by zim » September 12, 2016, 1:38 pm

Woolford is a massive out for them. Going to be hard to replace.

ALX22
Peter Jackson
Posts: 251
Joined: January 21, 2016, 11:55 am
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by ALX22 » September 20, 2016, 7:34 pm

Awards
NYC Player of the Year: Jack Williams
NYC Coaches Award: Daniel Dole
Gordon McLucas Junior Representative Player of the Year: Nick Cotric
Geoff Caldwell Welfare & Education Award: Jack Hickson

http://www.raiders.com.au/news/2016/09/ ... alii_.html

Anyone know if Williams & Dole will be at the Raiders next season? Mounties?

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 11843
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by bonehead » September 20, 2016, 7:46 pm

You'd think williams would be kept
Edrick The Entertainer

User avatar
zim
Jason Croker
Posts: 4731
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by zim » September 20, 2016, 7:53 pm

Love to see us hold on to both but signing people up like Sorensen, I don't know if we have spots. I guess we might see a top tier player move on after the season is over.

ALX22
Peter Jackson
Posts: 251
Joined: January 21, 2016, 11:55 am
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by ALX22 » September 29, 2016, 3:12 pm

Zac Woolford was nominated for the NYC Player of the Year. The award was won by the Sharks Jayden Brailey. Other nominees included Jai Field (Dragons) and Kalyn Ponga (Cowboys).

Bay53
Jason Croker
Posts: 4909
Joined: March 11, 2007, 9:35 pm

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by Bay53 » October 3, 2016, 12:11 pm

Has there ever been a bigger turnaround than the grand final. Penrith best side all year 28-6 up at half time, Garvey off, they would have been a million to one.

User avatar
edwahu
Laurie Daley
Posts: 14252
Joined: January 13, 2005, 5:22 pm

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by edwahu » October 4, 2016, 9:37 am

Bay53 wrote:Has there ever been a bigger turnaround than the grand final. Penrith best side all year 28-6 up at half time, Garvey off, they would have been a million to one.


Maybe 3-1 in under 20's world.

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 114718
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by greeneyed » November 3, 2016, 2:56 pm

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders Daniel Dole delivers Holden Cup hit of the year



RAIDERS front-rower Daniel Dole produced the NYC hit of the year when he absolutely belted Warriors fullback Marata Niukore.

Read more: http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/video-hol ... -hit-year/
Image

User avatar
zim
Jason Croker
Posts: 4731
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: 2016 Holden Cup

Post by zim » November 3, 2016, 2:58 pm

Love him in defence. He's all courage in attack too. Hope he puts on enough size to be able to make it. He definitely has the attitude.
That whole game he was trying to put similar shots on.

He'll probably spend 2 years in mounties before being ready.

Post Reply