Canberra embraces social media campaign

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed » December 24, 2017, 2:47 am

Canberra embraces social media campaign as Queanbeyan Blues junior Thomas 'TJ' Campagna recovers

The Canberra community is getting behind the 13-year-old boy injured in Tuesday's horrific Kings Highway crash. Thomas 'TJ' Campagna was travelling with his mother and a family friend when a motorist, allegedly under the influence of ice, drove onto the wrong side of the road.

His mother Alanna Davis organised a social media campaign using the hashtag #Footy4TJ where people are asked to post a photo wearing their favourite rugby league or union jersey.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-new ... 098y5.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thirteen-year-old boy recovering after horror crash near Braidwood: http://www.queanbeyanagechronicle.com.a ... h/?cs=1529" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Canberra embraces social media campaign

Post by greeneyed » December 25, 2017, 9:48 am

Nice thing for Ricky to do on Christmas morning: https://www.facebook.com/TheGHRaiders/p ... 6297137359" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope the young bloke gets well soon.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed » December 25, 2017, 4:17 pm

Ricky Stuart visits TJ Campagna in hospital on Christmas Day

Canberra Raiders' coach Ricky Stuart took some time out from his own Christmas morning to visit the 13-year-old boy injured in Tuesday's Kings Highway crash.

Stuart spent about 20 minutes talking to Thomas "TJ" Campagna at the Canberra Hospital, bringing him a present and the offer to sit in the coach's box at a Raiders game next season.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-new ... 09z61.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brew
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew » December 25, 2017, 6:29 pm

All class Sticky

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust

-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Matt Awford

Post by -PJ- » December 25, 2017, 6:33 pm

Who da man ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful

LarnaD
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LarnaD » December 27, 2017, 2:55 am

Thanking you all for your support, prayers and thoughts. We are blessed to be part of such a wonderful community, especially from within the Rugby league community.

Please keep TJ in your thoughts and prayers over the coming weeks. He needs lots of positive energy sent his way.

With much gratitude
Alanna and Joe (TJ’s parents)

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby » December 27, 2017, 7:58 am

All the best LarnaD.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 » December 28, 2017, 7:16 am

Yeah, all the best Alanna, Joe and TJ.

Good on you Sticky.

And a big **** you to all the **** out there who drive under the influence of that ****. :thumbsdown

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R » December 28, 2017, 7:57 am

Having spent a truly awful piece of this year sleeping each night in a chair next to a sick kid in hospital, LarnaD, I know exactly how you feel.

He'll get better, he'll get back on the field and, if you're anything like me, you'll stand there on the sideline at his first game back with tears running down your cheeks, loving every second of it.

Best wishes to you and the family.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.

RedRaider
Gary Belcher

Post by RedRaider » December 31, 2017, 12:06 am

Wishing all good things to come your way in 2018 LarnaD, Joe and TJ.

To Sticky, what a wonderful thing to do. :thumbsup